You have probably heard so many tips and tricks about weight loss that you're left wondering which tips are best and which tricks really are tricks. Getting fat is expensive. Weight loss shouldn't have to be. Why spend a lot of money on equipment, gym memberships, and special diets when there are a lot of great free weight loss tips that work wonders. To start a successful natural weight loss program you just need the following basic plan:
1. If you are overweight, you can be sure that you have eaten more food than your body needs in terms of calories. Chances are you've done that both through your choices of food - high in fat and sugar - which bulks up your body without filling you up and also through eating larger portion sizes than you really need of everything.
2. Make a commitment to avoid butter on things, deep fried foods, junk food, or potato chips. Because fats are so concentrated with calories you have to eat much more to feel full. You could easily eat three to four times more calories because it tastes better than normal food and it takes the same amount of mass to fill you up.
3. By decreasing your intake of concentrated sweets, like sugar sweetened food, and by not overeating starches like breads, pasta and potatoes, you may keep your body from the overproducing insulin. Carbohydrates actually have a metabolic effect that causes any fat you eat to be worse for you.
4. Avoid 'drinking' calories -- that means drinking only calorie-free beverages (except for milk). Soda pop, juices, and alcohol have a lot of hidden calories. Eliminating calories that you drink will have a major impact on your weight. Try to drink water when possible.
5. The best way to add more movement into your day is by walking. Walk everywhere! It's free! If you can afford it, get a pedometer and measure how much you're doing each day. This is the best healthy weight loss methods.
6. Eat at least one meatless lunch and dinner each week to reduce fat, increase fiber, and get yourself into the habit of building meals around whole grains, beans and vegetables.
7. If you're not currently using skim milk, go down one level of fat content in the milk you use. For example, if you currently use two percent, use only one percent. If you insist on whole milk, try two percent.